Last Updated on 23/10/2022
4k Stogram is a simple and free program to download Instagram locations, accounts, hashtags, photos, videos, reels, and IGTV. Sometimes users face an unknown internal API error. An “Internal API Error” warning may occasionally appear on social media applications such as Instagram. This internal error can be annoying as it prevents you from using other applications at the same time.
Fix 4k Stogram Internal API Error
Here are a few ways to solve this problem:
- Firstly: Downloading more programs is one of the easiest fixes. If you are unable to download 4K content from Instagram, just change your password and login into your account only through Instagram.
- Secondly: You should check your license first. Then you must have a license to use the program, which you may have purchased. After purchasing the application, you must enter a 4K Stogram activation or license key to activate it. After activation, you should be able to view your downloaded content. However, if you have seen this error message and have not yet activated the software, you should try to reinstall the program.
- Thirdly: Check the settings of the application. If you are receiving an internal API error, your account may be disabled. In this case, you should use an app that supports the API. This must be a third-party application. The application should also support social media platforms. It should also be compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac. After logging in, download the program to your computer and then install it. The software will automatically download all Instagram content and save it for you.
One of the easiest fixes for 4k Stogram Internal API error is to download one of the alternative applications e.g Instander to download Instagram videos & images. In the event that you’re unable to download 4K content from Instagram, simply change your password and login into your account only through Instagram.
How to fix 4k stogram requests error
Instagram has a limit on how many requests are made to an IP address at a given time. Excessive activity may result in instant action bans whether you use the official Instagram program (and its online version) or a third-party Instagram service such as 4K Instagram, Instagram returns error messages like “rate limit exceeded”, “throttled by Instagram due to too many API requests” or simply “too many requests”. Here’s what you can do to fix this problem:
- Wait: Since the rate cap is time-based, you can avoid using Instagram and 4K Stogram for just a few hours or days.
After a while, open the official Instagram application to verify your identity. Go to Settings > Security > Login activity and tap on “It was me”. Try doing something simple, like changing your profile picture, updating your bio information, or uploading a new post or story.
- Change the connection: Connect to another network such as another WiFi spot, mobile connection, or hotspot.
- Connect via another IP address: Change your IP address through the in-app proxy settings within 4KStogram (Tools > Preferences > Proxy). If you are using a VPN utility, change the current country to another country.
- Revoke access from third-party apps: We strongly recommend using 4K Stogram simultaneously with other third-party Instagram services. If you do, change your password and log in again via Instagram and 4K Instagram only.