Last Updated on 01/01/2023
Dungeon Scrawl is a free browser-based mapping tool developed by Keir, aka @ProbableTrain, for creating and printing simple dungeon maps. It is designed to be quick and easy to use, with a simple interface that allows you to create maps in just a few clicks. It aims to be an easy-to-grasp tool with a high skill ceiling, empowering artists by automatically taking care of the most time-consuming stuff.
The interface includes a variety of different tools for drawing walls, floors, and other features, as well as a palette of different colors and textures to choose from. You can also add labels and other text to your map to help you keep track of what each room or area represents.
One of the key features of Dungeon Scrawl is its support for multiple layers. This allows you to create complex maps with multiple levels or floors, as well as additional details such as furniture or other objects. You can also import and export your maps, allowing you to share them with others or use them in other applications.
In addition to creating maps, Dungeon Scrawl also includes a number of other useful features. For example, you can use it to generate random maps, which can be helpful for quickly creating a new game or setting up a surprise encounter. You can also use the website to share your maps with others or browse maps created by other users.
Overall, Dungeon Scrawl is a useful tool for anyone interested in creating simple dungeon maps. It is easy to use and provides a range of customization options, making it suitable for a variety of different needs.
- Developer: ProbableTrain
- Version: Latest 2022
- Usage: Open Source
- File Size: NA
- Downloads: 18,887
- Operating System: Web
How to Use Dungeon Scrawl Mapping Tool for Minecraft Mods
To use the Dungeon Scrawl mapping tool to create maps for Minecraft mods, you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the Dungeon Scrawl website and create a new map. Use the drawing tools and color palette to create a map of your desired Minecraft mod.
- Once you have finished creating your map, you can use the “Export” feature to save it as an image file (such as a PNG or JPG).
- In Minecraft, install a mod that allows you to import custom maps. There are a number of different mods available that support this feature, such as JourneyMap or Mapwriter.
- Use the mod’s import feature to import your Dungeon Scrawl map image into Minecraft. The map should now be available in your game.
- You can use the map in Minecraft by opening it from your inventory or by using a map item. You can also use the mod’s map editor to further customize the map, such as by adding markers or labels.
Note that some mods may have specific requirements or limitations for importing custom maps, so you may need to refer to the mod’s documentation for more information.