Are you grappling with the frustrating Slow Walk issue in Starfield? It’s baffling, isn’t it? Even when you’re nowhere near encumbered, the W key seems to force your character into an agonizingly sluggish pace. This conundrum can severely impede your exploration of the vast Starfield universe and disrupt your looting endeavors. Fear not, for in this comprehensive guide, we unveil a straightforward workaround that will swiftly restore your agility, ensuring you can traverse the cosmos at a much brisker pace.
Quick Fix: Toggling Always-Run
If your character finds itself trapped in the grip of slow walking, seemingly encumbered without reason, the remedy is surprisingly simple. Ensure that the “Toggle Always-Run” option is set to ON. You can easily toggle this setting by pressing the [Caps Lock] key on your keyboard, effectively liberating your character from the sluggish gait and allowing you to move freely at your normal pace.
How to Rectify Slow Walking in Starfield
- Toggle Always Run: To reclaim your natural walking and running speed, a single tap of the Caps Lock key is all you need. This action will activate the Always-Run setting, restoring your character’s agility and fluidity of movement.
- Embrace the Xbox Controller: Some Starfield adventurers have reported that using an Xbox controller significantly enhances their walking speed, granting them unparalleled control over their pace. Additionally, consider adjusting the sensitivity settings for an even smoother experience.
- Game Restart: In situations where your character inexplicably begins to walk slowly, especially when nearing your carry limit, it might be a temporary bug. Simply restarting Starfield can effectively restore your walking speed to its normal state.
- Await the Mod Solution: The passionate modding community is hard at work, addressing the walking speed issue in Starfield. While awaiting an official mod release, keep a vigilant eye on the Nexus mod platform for updates.
- Other Factors Causing Slow Walking: Occasionally, the Slow Walk issue in Starfield might be a result of becoming Over-Encumbered due to carrying excessive weight. Although your walking speed is compromised, you still have the option to sprint, albeit at the cost of increased CO2 consumption. To address this predicament:
- Leverage Your Ship’s Cargo Space: Store surplus items in your ship’s cargo hold, alleviating your overall burden. Subsequently, you can sell redundant items, reducing your weight load.
- Employ Companions: If you have loyal companions accompanying you on your journey, entrust them with some of your possessions. This simple act allows you to return to your normal walking speed, unencumbered by excess baggage.
Slow Walk in Starfield: A Stealthy Advantage
Slow walking isn’t always a hindrance. In fact, it can be a valuable tool in your arsenal. Disabling the Auto-Run option enables you to move stealthily, especially when in close proximity to enemies. The subdued pace ensures that your footsteps remain inaudible, granting you a tactical advantage in evading detection.
Furthermore, this stealthy approach proves invaluable during pickpocketing endeavors, as it guarantees that your movements are virtually silent. This makes it easier to approach targets unnoticed, increasing your chances of a successful pilfering operation without alerting your mark.
Embrace the versatility of slow walking in Starfield, for it can be a silent ally in your journey through the cosmos, aiding you in navigating treacherous encounters with finesse and subtlety.