Starfield, the much-anticipated space adventure, introduced the fitness challenge, aimed at enhancing your oxygen intake. However, a perplexing bug has emerged, leaving players frustrated as the challenge fails to progress, despite their repeated efforts to consume a specific amount of oxygen. This bug poses an obstacle to players trying to fulfill the requirement of ‘Using up all available oxygen 20 times.’
Players have reported their attempts to deplete their oxygen, transitioning from full oxygen (O2) to zero, or even to a full carbon dioxide (CO2) bar, all in vain. This issue seems to particularly affect players with Space traits and serpents embrace, leaving them stuck in a frustrating situation.
If you find yourself grappling with the Starfield fitness challenge issue, where it refuses to work or progress, you’re not alone. In this article, we’ll explore effective solutions to overcome this problem and get you back on track with your fitness challenge.
1. Deplete Your Oxygen (O2)
One workaround to make the fitness challenge count is to completely deplete your oxygen (O2) and fill up your carbon dioxide (CO2) bar. Follow these steps, as suggested by Reddit user NarutoKage1469:
- Start by using up your entire white O2 bar.
- Continue running to fill up the red CO2 bar. You may receive a health damage warning the first time, but it’s safe to proceed.
- Sprint from a full O2 bar to a full CO2 bar. This action should conclude your sprint and contribute to the challenge count.
It’s crucial to ensure that you don’t have any CO2 buildup when your O2 depletes for the challenge to register. You don’t need to wait for your O2 or CO2 to fully recover; starting from 0% CO2 and filling it up to around 50-60% is sufficient.
Another tip to speed up the process is to become encumbered, as this depletes oxygen more quickly, helping you complete the fitness challenge more efficiently.
2. Spaced Trait Workaround
If you possess the Spaced Trait, you can attempt running in orbit on your ship to increase your health and oxygen values in space. This might facilitate progress in the fitness challenge. It’s also worth trying this workaround even if you don’t have the Spaced Trait to see if it works for you.
3. Pull Heavy Burden & Go To Sleep
Reddit user Vox_Zone has shared an alternative workaround to fix the bugged fitness challenge. Follow these steps:
- Travel to space while carrying a heavy load to deplete your O2 faster.
- After depleting your O2, sprint back into your ship while ensuring you have full O2 and CO2.
- Inside your ship, select your bed and immediately go to sleep.
- Upon waking up, you’ll have 0% CO2 and O2.
- e. Repeat these steps as needed to progress in the fitness challenge.
4. Change Armor or Clothing
Consider that specific armor or clothing items might hinder challenge progress. Some players have reported interference from certain gear with the challenge’s advancement.
5. Corrupt Game Save File
A corrupted save file could be the root cause of the fitness challenge not working correctly. To troubleshoot this, attempt loading a different save file to see if the issue is resolved.
Please note that your environment choice is critical when following these steps:
- If you have the Spaced Trait, perform the steps in space.
- If you have the Terra Firma Trait, execute these steps on a planet.
- If you don’t have either of these traits, you can perform these steps anywhere.
By aligning your environment with your character’s traits, you ensure that the process works correctly.
Starfield Fitness Challenge not progressing can be frustrating, but with these solutions, you can overcome this obstacle and continue your space adventure without interruptions. Stay tuned for updates on this issue, and we hope the developers address it in the future.
Video Tutorial to Fix Starfield Fitness Challenge Not Working Bug
Video Credit: Wealth Quint YouTube Challenge