LaunchBox was originally built as an attractive frontend to DOSBox but has since expanded to support both modern PC games and emulated console platforms. Launch Box aims to be the one-stop-shop for gaming on your computer, for both modern and historical games. Launch Box is a portable Windows software, box-art-based games database, and launcher for DOSBox, emulators, arcade cabinets, and PC Games.
It includes automated import processes for your MS-DOS games, ROM files, and Steam in order to help get you up and running as quickly as possible. Game box art and metadata are automatically downloaded from the Games Database, a community-based online database that allows anyone to contribute.
It supports arranging and filtering by genre, platform, ESRB rating, developer, publisher, and much more, and even has custom status and source fields to use to classify your games however you choose. LaunchBox’s interface is incredibly easy to use and powerful all at the same time.
Not only does Launch Box automatically download the box art for your games, but it also grabs beautiful fan art, screenshots, logos, and more, creating a surprisingly immersive experience. Fanart and other images can be used as the app’s background as you browse your games, which really helps to create an attractive, fun experience.
Free Download LaunchBox for Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 11, and Linux Ubuntu operating systems. This offline installer version of Launch box will work with both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. Click Below to download the latest version from our safe and secure download server.
- Developer: Jason Carr
- Version: 12.16
- File Size: 266.45. MB
- Downloads: 1,815
- License: Free
- Platforms: Windows Operating System
Features and Highlights from Author
- A Game Launcher with Style: “We originally built Launch box as an attractive frontend for DOSBox, but it now boasts support for modern games and retro game emulation. We make all your games look pretty.”
- Organize Your Game Collection: “We’re not just pretty; we let you add as much or as little information to your games as you’d like. Launch Box maintains its own crowd-sourced database for a massive number of games.”
- We Love Emulation: “It includes support for countless emulators. We’re the best launcher for all your retro and console games. Go ahead, play your favorite game from 1985.”
- Steam Library Imports: “We automatically import all your games, including your Steam library. It doesn’t have to be complicated, so we made it easy to get started. If you’re OCD like us, you’re free to customize everything.”
- Excellent How-To Video Tutorials: The team produces regular how-to videos to address frequently asked questions that help you get your games up and running. Check out our YouTube channel.
- GREAT Community: Forums are home to some of the gaming world’s coolest people. If you need help figuring something out, we suggest that you start there. You’ll find a friend or three.