QJoyPad is a simple joystick-keyboard mapper used for Linux/QT programs that enable you to control your keyboard and mouse with gaming devices to play games that don’t have joystick support. QJoyPad takes input from a joystick or gamepad and translates it into keystrokes or mouse actions, letting you control any XWindows X11 program with your game controller.
The QJoyPad software lets you play all those games with your JoyStick even if the game does not have joystick support. You can play almost every game you want using a joystick. You can assign your favorite keys from the keyboard or mouse to this program and can have the same button be “fire” in every one of your space fighters. QJoyPad provides you the freedom and flexibility to take advantage of gaming devices to enjoy your Linux gaming in a much better way.
Free Linux/QT program lets you control any keyboard XWindows program with a gaming device. QJoyPad is a convenient little program with a Qt interface that converts movement and button presses on a gamepad or joystick into key presses and mouse clicks.
How to Download QJoyPad For Linux Ubuntu X Windows OS
QJoyPad is a freeware program and is available for download on GitHub, and SourceForge for free. Here you can directly download AJoyPad with a simple click from our fast and secure downloading server. Click the button below to download QJoyPad for Windows and Linux Ubuntu operating system.
- Developer: GitHub
- Version: 4.1.0
- Use: Freeware
- File Size: 80.3 KB
- Downloads: 20,987
- Operating System: Linux Ubuntu/Windows 7/10/11/XP/Vista
Click the Download button to Grab the QJoyPad offline installer setup for your PC, and install it on your computer by following the steps down below…
How To Install QJoyPad on Windows Operating System
To Install QJoyPad software on your Windows 10 PC, Follow the simple steps below.
- Download QJoyPad setup.exe file by clicking the download button above.
- After downloading the tool, Open your download folder and double-click on setup.exe to install it on your computer.
- Allow your system to install the software.
- Follow the installation instructions by the software and click Ok.
- Wait for the system to complete the installation process.
- That’s it!
How To Use QJoyPad with a gaming device?
QJoyPad Ubuntu gives you the advantage of multiple saved layouts so you save a separate setting for every game, or for every class of game on your Ubuntu OS. The basic window… notice how every button can have virtually any key assigned to it, or no key at all. In version 3, every axis gets its own settings instead of just limiting you to one button to each of Up, Down, Left, and Right.
Here you can see the highlighting in action! Right now I’m hitting up, right, and button one, all at once, on joystick one. If I were to press a button on joystick two, you would see the little “Joystick 2” button light up just like the one for “Joystick 1”.
With QJoyPad’s new tray icon, you can change layouts with a convenient menu without needing to see the full settings dialog.
Instead of just pressing a key, every button and axis of your gaming device has many options in QJoyPad3. For instance, the dialog for setting up an axis is shown above (the blue bar shows that I’m pushing that axis just a little to the left). But don’t worry, even with the added complexity that comes with the new features you can still set up a layout quickly and easily using the new Quick Set feature.
QJoyPad Ubuntu Linux Features Overview
- Incorporates your gaming devices into any XWindows program
- Move and click the mouse with your joystick
- Auto-detects how many joysticks you have and how many buttons and axes each supports
- Can detect joystick devices on the fly without restarting
- Support for devices with more than two axes
- Save as many layouts as you want and switch between them quickly
- Swap layouts on the fly from the command line or from a script
- Share layout files with your friends or even edit them by hand for greater control
- Color cues quickly show you which buttons you’re pressing and which joystick you’re using
- Set or reset all the keys at once in a flash
- Adjust the sensitivity of every axis independently
- Quietly hides in your system tray, running in the background without taking up space
- For window managers without a system tray, QJoyPad can run without the tray icon.
- Make an axis “Gradient” so that a light push does a little and a harder push does more – now with customizable curves!
- Support for throttle controls
- Make a button “Sticky” if you don’t feel like holding it down all the time
- Turn on Rapid Fire so you don’t wear out your gamepad!
- Supports DVORAK keyboards and other unusual key layouts
- Native tray icon code making putting it in your start-up entry simple
- Only joystick-keyboard mapper for Ubuntu.
- Simple and easy user interface.
- Ligh-wight program
- Support every single gaming device.
- Free to use.
QJoyPad Windows Features Overview
- Helps you to play the old games with JoySticks even if the game does not have built-in Joystick support.
- Simple and lightweight program for PC.
- Support almost every gaming device.
- Free to download and use
- Simple user interface