Many Elden Ring players continue to grapple with the persistent issue of stuttering since the game’s initial release. Despite the absence of an official fix from developers, there are proven methods to address this problem and enhance your gaming experience. In this guide, we’ll explore effective solutions to eradicate Elden Ring stuttering in 2024 and optimize your gameplay.
Key Strategies for Fixing Elden Ring Stuttering
1. Disable Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator
The Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator, primarily designed for MIDI devices or hardware repair, can significantly impact system resources, leading to stuttering issues. To disable it:
- Open the Device Manager.
- Click on the view option and select Device by Connection.
- Locate Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator, right-click, and choose Disable Device.
3. Verify and Repair Game Files
Corrupted or missing game files are a common cause of Elden Ring stuttering. Ensuring the integrity of these files is crucial for the game’s smooth operation. Follow these steps:
- Access the game’s properties on your platform (e.g., Steam).
- Select the option to verify game files to identify and rectify any corrupted or missing files.
4. Optimize NVIDIA Control Panel Settings
For NVIDIA users, adjusting settings in the NVIDIA Control Panel can alleviate stuttering issues. Enable V-Sync and Triple Buffering with the following steps:
- Right-click on your desktop and open the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Navigate to Manage 3D Settings and switch to the Program settings category.
- Select Elden Ring and customize settings by turning on Triple Buffering and setting Vertical Sync to Fast.
5. Disable Easy Anti-Cheat
The Easy Anti-Cheat system, designed to maintain fair play, can sometimes contribute to stuttering problems. To disable it:
- Launch Steam, access your games library and right-click on Elden Ring.
- Choose Manage > Browse Local Files.
- Locate start_protected_game.exe, rename it, and then copy eldenring.exe to the same folder, renaming the copy to “start_protected_game.exe.”
6. Adjust Graphic Settings
If stuttering persists, consider lowering Elden Ring’s graphic settings to reduce the strain on your system hardware. Refer to our Best Elden Ring Settings guide for optimal performance without sacrificing visuals.
Eradicating Elden Ring stuttering requires a combination of strategic actions, from disabling unnecessary drivers to optimizing graphics settings. While the game’s resource-intensive nature poses challenges, following these comprehensive steps can significantly enhance your gaming experience. Remember to create a Windows restore point before making major changes to your system.
- Close unnecessary background applications to free up processing power.
- Turn off third-party in-game overlays to avoid unnecessary resource consumption.
Elden Ring may stutter due to insufficient system hardware, corrupted game files, conflicts with Easy Anti-Cheat, or the presence of Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator.
Ensure your PC meets the hardware requirements, verify game files, and consider disabling Easy Anti-Cheat or Microsoft RRAS Root Enumerator as needed.
The RRAS Root Enumerator is a legacy driver for MIDI devices, unnecessary for modern systems but can impact performance in Elden Ring.